Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Big Conspiracy

I was truly convinced that everyone was just too busy for me this year. To be quite honest, I didn't mind at all. I mean, what mother of 3 wouldn't appreciate a nice semi-relaxing birthday, one without all the duties that come along with hosting a party. I've hosted like 57 bazillion holidays/ birthdays, showers etc. since we bought our house. So I really did appreciate just my kids, faux husband and father being here for my birthday. Everyone else called and wished me a happy birthday and that was plenty. When my brother called he invited us for dinner the next night since he couldn't make it to my house for my birthday. Of course i accepted, if I get out of cooking for a night who am I to argue? haha. I was also convinced a few weeks ago that everyone was trying to plan a surprise something for me, but I nipped that in the bud real quick. After that, again totally convinced that they couldn't pull off a surprise party, and thought they had given up on the idea. Yes, I was sadly mistaken. As I walked into my brothers house and everyone yelled "Surprise!", I was speechless. Although I was so sure that I didn't want a surprise party, I was wrong. I was very thankful for everyone being there, it was a great surprise after all.

1 comment:

Maggy_Keet said...

How fun! Glad you had a party...did you get my card?