Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our Day Trip To The Beach







Today my cousin Sandy and I took my kids to the beach. It was a well deserved trip considering what happened last time we tried this. (Last time about 10 mins after we got there it started to downpour, so hard it stung. Christian was screaming, Courtney was buried in the sand and we were all soaked running like manics to the car carrying crazy heavy bags full of soaked towels. Then when we finally get to the car and head out we sat in traffic for over an hour just to get off the island. A distance that should have taken us about one and a half minutes. And to top it all off, the sun came out shining bright while we were sitting in traffic. It wasn't the best beach trip, to say the least.) Today was a whole other story. We got there nice and early, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, and it was a much nicer beach! No boardwalk full of shops screaming "Spend every penny you've got!" haha. Lifeguards that actually paid attention to the water and the people in it. We played in the sand together digging holes, making "castles" (though they didn't look much like castles haha), burying our feet and burying Ryan and Courtney. We buried their legs and turned Ryan into a seahorse and Courtney into a mermaid (again, sand is not my 1st choice in artistic mediums). haha. The older two were hopping waves w/ their Aunt Sandy while Christian and I were playing in the shallow part of the water and making friends w/ the other kids on the beach (depending on what beach toys they had... Christian. haha) And although the beach was pretty packed come the afternoon, it still wasn't chaotic. It was mainly families or people just relaxing or playing one sport or another. None of those drunk obnoxious people you try to hide from your kids. All in all it was a pretty great day w/ my kids at the beach. Other than a few kinks in the road, which for any parent is unavoidable no matter the situation, or the fact that I'm red as a lobster (yes I slopped the sunblock on my son and completely forgot about myself, big surprise), the day was perfect.

1 comment:

Maggy_Keet said...

Looks like fun! Wish I had been there. I make one amazing sand castle, haha.